IT’S HURRICANE SEASON AND THE NEWS MEDIA IS ON ALERT TO BLAST THE NEWS OF IMPENDING WEATHER
Are you confident your home watch company has a pre and post-storm plan for YOUR home?
- Will your home watch company act in YOUR best interest when a tropical storm is approaching?
- Do you realize that the more you personally PREPARE prior to leaving, the better the chance of your home having fewer issues from the possibly serious storm?
- Did you take in all your outdoor furniture and anything that could be a potential projectile?
- Did you unplug all your small appliances, televisions etc., shut off the breaker to the washer/dryer hot water heater, and anything valuable that could be zapped by the return of power surges that take place?
- Did you make note of serial numbers for your insurance companies of appliances, televisions, computers etc. in case they are needed?
- Did you check all the accordion shutters to be sure they are working properly and do you have everything needed to close them? Older ones take a key! If you have steel shutters, do you have them labeled by window, and extra wing nuts and bolts?
- Home Watch Companies are not pool companies– we suggest you reach out to yours to ensure they have a pre and post storm plan in place as well.
- Smart homes– as the weather becomes more threatening, wifi, internet, and cell service will be spotty, if not completely out. Your smart device will become a burden more than a convenience! If your smart keypad does not use a KEY and the wifi is spotty or out, you will not be able to control them and your home watch company may not be able to gain access to your property.