Hurricane season is a long three months away, but NOW is still the perfect time to prepare in advanced. The best way to ensure that you and your home is safe is by giving yourself enough time to prepare for any risks that may occur during a hurricane. As always, A-Z Home Watch Solutions has you covered on all things safety checklists. Below, we put together the utmost important things to do to prepare NOW for hurricane season:
1) Buy supplies, here’s what we mean: water, blankets, battery-powered radio, flashlight, maps, whistle, etc.
2) Check insurance: Home owners should insure their homes against flooding, which isn’t a part of regular home insurance. This will give you peace of mind in case any bad damages occur.
3) Save important documents: Documents such as proof of ownership of property not limited to homes, cars and boats – save them in a safe space, such as a lock box at your bank or a storm-proof safe.
4) Install hurricane shutters: This will prevent your windows from shattering when there are heavy winds and high pressure.
5) Back up electronics: Make sure to have extra batteries and chargers around the house, as well as backing up any of your electronic devices.
We hope that the checklist above offers your peace of mind. It’s what we are here for!