Why a Professional HomeWatch Company is a Better Solution than Well-Meaning Family, Friends or After-Hours Moonlighters.
The definition of “Home Watch” is the visual inspection of a home or property to point out obvious issues.
With that in mind, let’s start with a scenario.
You’re leaving your vacation or primary home to go elsewhere for an extended period of time and have a friend or family member popping by occasionally to peek in on your home. While you’re away, a pipe bursts and floods the entire space…ruining everything from the furniture, washer and dryer, to the carpets, electronics and more. Not to mention that within 72 hours mold can completely envelop your property, especially in the South Florida climate.
Yes, the situation is an extreme example, yet we’ve seen that and worse. So as long as someone stops by from time to time, many feel their property is safe. Is that wise? We say “no way”!
Many of our clients figured out the need for a professional home watch company because their friends, family or neighbors get busy with their own lives, so stopping by every day can be a challenge. A few more examples below of different types of people and solutions home owners might use:
- Friends and neighbors – May do a quick check to see if A/C is on, not seeing any obvious leaks, will flush the toilets, run water in various sinks and leave. No biggie, right?
- No obligation: This isn’t their job and their lives will come first. It’s not that they are selfish or shirking their voluntary duties, it’s just the way things happen. Whether it’s kids or work, your home won’t be their top priority.
- No training: With no formal training on what to look for and how to handle a situation, it becomes an uncomfortable situation when things go awry.
- Community maintenance person after hours – They are great at fixing what’s already an issue but, are they taking their time to check every nook and cranny of your home? From the master bedroom closet to the ceilings, floors and walls, it’s all about detail and making sure every single area has been inspected.
- Cleaning team – They already have a profession, cleaning your home.
- “Home watch is not it”. They are not checking doors, windows, perimeter of the home, lawn and shrubs etc.
So maybe you’re wondering why there is a need for training, liability insurance and bonding? At the end of the day it’s all about safeguarding your home.
- Without the proper training, people don’t know what to look for…a keen eye, sense of smell and ability to realize something is just a little off are some of the attributes of a professional home watcher but they also need formal training to identify other things like those mentioned above.
- Having an insured and bonded HomeWatch business gives you added protection…and hopefully helps you sleep better at night. Knowing someone is there to address any issues when you’re hundreds or thousands of miles away can provide enormous peace of mind.
- All National HomeWatch Association Members (NHWA) have gone through everything from criminal background checks and consumer complaint reviews to regular checks on updated business tax receipts or licenses if required in their location and website legitimacy, the NHWA verifies every single member and stands behind their services.
At A-Z Home Watch Solutions, taking care of your home is something we take very seriously and treat it as if it were our own investment. For you, that means less time worrying about your home and more time to relax.
Read more about us and check out our services today, we look forward to helping keep your home safe.