Heading back north? Check out A-Z’s quick tips on closing up your home.
It’s almost March, which is around the time people start thinking about leaving Florida and heading back north to their primary residence. Before you go, we’re highlighting a few recommended ‘to-dos’ from our 21-point checklist to think about taking care of before you leave. If you don’t have the time, no worries! That’s where A-Z can help. Our extensive inspection covers 21 essential and critical areas of your home…from your bedroom to your garage, bathrooms to exterior, right down to the kitchen sink. Not only will we continue to monitor the items listed below, we can also pop in as needed and serve as local emergency contact for law enforcement and utility companies. For less than the cost of a few dinners a month out on the town, A-Z Home Watch Solutions can provide weekly or biweekly inspections of your home when you can’t be there ~ the schedule is entirely up to you. To get you started, some customary things to think about:
- Check/adjust thermostats and humidistats
- Inspect all windows and doors to confirm they are secured and undamaged
- Check security system and smoke detectors.
- Check refrigerator (adjust temp, keep opened/closed, etc.)
- Clear mailbox, remove solicitations and newspapers.
- Check pool/hot tubs if applicable (water level, visually clear, leaks).
- Storm check/preparation/post storm check/damage control.
Taking this small step to work with a proactive team that helps with preventative maintenance, catching issues before major damage occurs, can provide peace of mind while you’re away your home. Your property is your prized possession and we always have your best interests in mind. A-Z Home Watch is a team of insured, bonded and trained professionals…call for a free consultation! We’re happy to meet on Zoom or another video conferencing medium and look forward to helping keep your home safe and beautiful.